Friday, July 27, 2007

Who can say no to YashRaj - Payal Rohatgi


Nobody from Bollywood would ideally say no to an offer from Yash Raj Films. Especially if it’s small time actress Payal Rohatgi who was last seen in an item number in Corporate. So when she was offered a role in Yash Raj Film’s Tashan starring Saif Ali Khan, Akshay Kumar and Kareena Kapoor, why didn’t she figure in the film? Payal, surprisingly, blames it to her good looks.




Says the actress, “I don’t think anyone can say n
o to Yash Raj. I was offered a cameo in Tashan opposite Saif Ali Khan. I had a meeting with the director of Tashan (Vijay Krishna Acharya) and I was looking forward to work with them. But I don’t know what went wrong because apparently they thought that I was looking prettier or much better in real life presently and felt that they could offer me bigger and better roles in future. This was the feedback I got from my manager.”

Payal accepts that she had done some B-grade cinema in the past but doesn’t want to associate herself with such films anymore. She prefers to do less work but good cinema. After her last film Corporate, Payal has been away from the limelight for a while. “Right now the phase in my career is such that I am trying to breakaway from the bad cinema or the hard image that I was earlier associated with. I want something on the same lines like Dhol being offered to me. I am just working on my dance. I do a lot of Kathak. Technically Dhol is my only film that’s coming out. I travel for shows and it keeps me busy” she adds.

No comments: